[Michlib-l] Feedback Requested: Turning off wireless nightly

Stanczak, Cindy cstanczak at albionlibrary.org
Mon Aug 12 14:07:25 EDT 2019

Hello all,

First, I apologize for the duplicate posting, but I'm hoping to get as much
feedback as possible.

*The question:*  We're seeing a sudden, dramatic increase of late-night,
early-morning drug abuse around our building, encouraged, it seems, by
availability of our wireless internet access.  We have a lot of third-shift
factory workers in our area, so we've always kept it on and available, but
this is public safety issue.

We've added locks on our exterior electrical sockets, and we're considering
the option of scheduled our wireless to go down nightly, at least
midnight-6am.

Please let me know your thoughts.  Do you turn your wireless off?  What was
the response from the community?  If not, have you thought about it? What
informed your decision.

Thank you!

*Cynthia Stanczak*
Library Director
Albion District Library
501 S. Superior St.
Albion, MI  49224
(517) 629-3993

Albion District Library: Transforming Minds, Changing Lives.
Proudly serving our community since 1919.
Online at www.albionlibrary.org, or find us on Facebook!