[Michlib-l] LED vs. barcode scanners

Valerie Meyerson vmeyerson at petoskeylibrary.org
Tue May 29 18:20:55 EDT 2018

Hello all -
We are in the  midst of transitioning our lighting to LED. Last week we had the lights in the circulation area done. All of a sudden our barcode scanners do not work. The will work however, if we turn the lights off above the desk, or scan items underneath the desk! We have a salmon colored granite counter (wonder if it adds reflection...) Our installer has never heard of this before. They have done many other libraries and other retail locations. Has anyone had this problem? If so, how did you resolve it? Thanks for your wisdom.

Val Meyerson
Petoskey District Library
231.758.3120