[Michlib-l] Insurance coverage for library events

Linda Lyshol lysholl at branchdistrictlibrary.org
Fri May 25 16:36:58 EDT 2018

Hi all,
Please share, if you can, the insurance company that covers library events
held outside your library building. We are looking at an extra charge
(=$349) to cover an event held in the parking lot. I'd like to know what
the rest of Michigan does. The argument from our current company is that
the event is outside the "norm" of a library event and it is entertainment,
which is not what libraries "traditionally" do.

Thanks!

Linda Lyshol, MLIS, MPA
Library Director, Branch District Library
10 E. Chicago St.,Coldwater MI 49036
http://www.BranchDistrictLibrary.org
517-278-2341, ext. 116 | 517-278-2342 (fax)

“I’ve come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technology:
1) Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary
and just a natural part of the way the world works
2) Anything that’s invented when you’re between 15-35 yrs old is new and
exciting and revolutionary—and you can probably get a career in it
3) Anything invented after you’re 35 yrs old is against the natural order
of things”
~Douglas Adams, *The Salmon of Doubt*