[Michlib-l] looking for references/resources on Migrant Worker Adult Literacy in Michigan and Ohio.

Dennis Hillers dhillers at adriandominicans.org
Tue May 22 14:36:53 EDT 2018

Hello to all-

On a parallel posting to one earlier this week.... I am looking for an in-depth set of resources on the effects of adult literacy training in the Migrant Worker population in Michigan in particular, and more broadly, on how adult literacy in migrant labor populations in the regions affect concepts of social justice for a patron.  I'm drawing a few hits in my own searching, but wonder if someone has done more in-depth research I can return to my patron, and to the Adrian Dominican Sisters community for further consideration.

Here in Adrian, also in Detroit, and in 3 other locations, ADS sponsors basic to advanced adult literacy training for the poorest, as a means to seek social justice, and having more information would be useful.

Thanks-

Dennis Hillers, MSLIS
Librarian
Adrian Dominican Sisters
St. Catherine of Siena Library, Madden Hall
1257 Siena Heights Dr.
Adrian, Michigan 49221

[cid:image001.png at 01D2D589.EDADC570]