[Michlib-l] Generators for the library

Kate Van Auken kvanauken at rawsonlibrary.org
Wed May 9 12:08:16 EDT 2018

Good afternoon all!
I am searching for libraries who have generators for their whole facility.

After the recent ice storm and last weekends winds in our area, our small
community lost power both times, and there are still some without power
today.  There is no place in our town for people to go, especially the
elderly if they live alone, when this happens.  I have been mulling around
the idea of the library as a place for people to come if this happens
again.  We are not trying to be a Red Cross site, this would be on a
temporary basis like 24-36 hours type of thing.

Does anyone out there provide this type of community service?   I'd love to
hear from you.  Please respond off list...please and thank you!
Kate
6495 Pine Street
Cass City, MI  48726
989-872-2856