[Michlib-l] Memorial for Michael Teague Orblych

Barbara Kriigel bkriigel at umich.edu
Tue Mar 20 16:46:33 EDT 2018

Dear friends and colleagues of Teague Orblych,

On Friday, April 6, from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m., a memorial will be held to
celebrate the life of Michael (Teague) Orblych, Research Education
Coordinator and Social Sciences Librarian at the University of
Michigan-Dearborn’s Mardigian Library. The memorial will be held in the
Berkowitz Gallery, 3rd floor Mardigian Library.

Are you interested in sharing a memory or short story about Teague at the
memorial? If so, contact either Nadine Anderson (nfanders at umich.edu) or
Jamie Wraight (jwraight at umich.edu). If you cannot attend or don’t wish to
speak, a memory book is being compiled for the family. Please send your
favorite thoughts, stories, or memories to Nadine or Jamie.

Teague received his Bachelor in General Studies at the University of
Michigan in 1991 and his Master of Library and Information Science in 1999
from Wayne State University. He worked as an Assistant Librarian at the
University of Detroit Mercy from 2000 to 2001. Teague joined the Mardigian
library in 2001 as an Assistant Librarian and worked his way to Librarian
in 2014.

During his 17 years at the Mardigian Library, Teague impacted many students
with his passion and dedication. As our Social Sciences Librarian, he was
passionate about teaching and supporting students. As our Research
Education Coordinator, he provided valuable leadership, expertise, and
experience. He was known in the library and across campus as a respected
collaborator in teaching and research, as well as a valuable member of our
community. Teague’s passion for information literacy along with his
publications, presentations, and leadership enriched the field of academic
librarianship. Most of all, we will remember him as a great person who made
us laugh.

We are establishing an endowed scholarship in Teague’s memory for
UM-Dearborn students. To contribute, contact Eva Gogola by email at
egronows at umich.edu or by phone at 313-593-5495 <(313)%20593-5495>.

Please share this with anyone you feel may wish to attend the memorial,
share a memory, or contribute to the scholarship.

Regards,

The Mardigian Library Staff