[Michlib-l] Teen Behavior

Michael Mccaffery mpmccaffery at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 16:03:17 EDT 2018

"Please refrain from inappropriate displays of affection including hugging,
kissing, touching with implication of sexual conduct"

We enforce it with adults and kids- we try and distinguish between a peck
on the cheek and the holding of hands vs people sitting on each others laps
and making out.

Still a tough balance to walk.

MPM

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 1:05 PM, BEL Britney Dillon via Michlib-l <
michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:

> Do you have a "public affection" policy? If not, it's a questionable act
> to stop the teens from doing it just because they're teens... Age
> discrimination, and all.
>
> Library Director
> Alvah N. Belding Memorial Library
> 302 E. Main St.
> Belding, MI 48809
> 616.794.1450 <(616)%20794-1450>
>
> "You want weapons? We're in a library. Books are the best weapon in the
> world.
> This room's the greatest arsenal we could have. Arm yourself!" - The
> Doctor

Michael Mccaffery
Director
Dearborn Heights City Libraries