[Michlib-l] TWO! Adult Services Postings at Hartland's Cromaine Library - Librarian AND Manager

Ceci Marlow cmarlow at cromaine.org
Mon Mar 5 15:56:06 EST 2018

Please see below two separate postings--first for a full-time Adult
Services Librarian and second for a full-time Adult Services Manager.
Applications by March 25 preferred.

*Full-time Adult Services Librarian *

*Cromaine Is the Cultural Center of Hartland…and our community appreciates
that*

A beautiful new addition has been completed, under budget, and we finally
have spaces for our staff to continue to create new and innovate
traditional library services and collections. As the Cultural Center of
Hartland, Hartland’s Cromaine is expected by its community to offer music
and art, as well as all of the science, engineering and technology
engagement possible for all ages. *We have a full-time Adult Services
Librarian position *available with collection and programming
responsibilities for adults. All of our Librarians are cross-trained for
Adult, Youth, Teen, and Circulation. You may not do a story time, but
you’ll probably assist with desk coverage in Youth, Teen, and at
Circulation as well as some other programming (a summer reading circus,
anyone?) If you have some special interests and skills, we’ll find a way for
you to share those with our community, too! In 2017, Hartland’s Cromaine
celebrated its 90th year of service with a big splash, including the grand
opening of the new space. *We are the place to connect—with warm and
friendly staff, the Web, and the community. If that’s your desire,
interest, and future vision, too, then we need you! *

            Cromaine District Library is located near the intersection of
M-59 and US-23—easy to get to from Detroit, Lansing, Ann Arbor, and Flint.
Hartland’s Cromaine (built in 1927, expanded in 1980, and again in 2017)
has the elegant Community Room, a large physical collection and large
digital collection, plus two new smaller meeting rooms, a Youth Program
Room, and three new study rooms as a result of the little addition to this
building. *We also have a serious commitment to outreach, participating in
many events and exhibits beyond our walls* as well as finding new ways to
be active outside this building in a busy community.

            Cromaine wins grants, including several National Endowment for
the Arts’ The Big Read. Grants for technology in Youth, local business
sponsorships for the summer concert series, exhibits from the Smithsonian
and to be a pilot for a national grant program—we are a place to connect to
culture, music, technology, makers, as well as reading in every format. *Many
of the grants support a very full event calendar* (check it out at
WWW.CROMAINE.ORG).   We are an OverDrive (TLN’s Download Destination) plus
Advantage, hoopla, and RB Digital (Zinio) library. We also offer Kanopy and
Universal Class services supporting our lifelong learners. We welcome new
technologies and ways to improve collections and services, taking seriously
every patron request for both popular materials and those more esoteric. *We
pay MLS librarians from $19.50 to $20.50 per hour to start*; 40 hours per
week with half-hour paid lunch; includes some evenings and weekends with
Sundays at time and one-half. MLA membership and national conference
attendance (in rotation) paid. Full-time positions at Cromaine have paid
vacation, sick, and business time (available after completion of the
introductory period), plus holiday pay, paid birthday, and paid bereavement
leave. Health insurance (an HSA plan) is provided for the employee and the
employee may purchase health insurance for dependents at the library’s
rates. Dental insurance, optical coverage, life insurance, short- and
long-term disability are all provided for the employee. You may purchase
several AFLAC plans at the library’s rate with a pre-tax deduction. *TIAA-CREF
defined contribution retirement is provided at 10% employer contribution
and immediately vested with no required employee match. *

            Share your love for popular materials, new technologies, and
public service with a community that loves its library and its library
staff even more. Send your application (available at WWW.CROMAINE.ORG),
resume and a cover letter to “Librarian” at PO Box 308. Or send by email
(preferred to be “green”) to brentola at cromaine.org as soon as
possible—*position
applications received prior to March 25 preferred; applications accepted
until filled.*

*Full-time Adult Services Manager*

*Cromaine Is the Cultural Center of Hartland—our Adult Services Manager
will build on that *

A beautiful new addition has been completed, under budget, and we finally
have spaces for our staff to continue to create new and innovate
traditional library services and collections. As the Cultural Center of
Hartland, Hartland’s Cromaine is expected by its community to offer music
and art, as well as all of the science, engineering and technology
engagement possible for all ages. *We have a full-time Adult Services
Manager position *available to lead staff responsible for collection and
programming for adults. *This position is open due to the mid-fiscal year
creation of a Technology Manager *position, filled by an expert already on
staff.  Our community thrives on popular materials and community-based
programming. If you have some special interests and skills, we’ll find a
way for  you to share those with our community, too! In 2017, Hartland’s
Cromaine celebrated its 90th year of service with a big splash, including
the grand opening of the new space. *A highly collaborative management team
will support you as the Adult Services staff continues to “recharge” and
explore how best to meet our community’s diverse interests with quality
collections and services. *

[...]

pay MLS managers from $23.30 to $24.30 per hour to start;* 40 hours per
week with half-hour paid lunch; includes some evenings and weekends with
Sundays at time and one-half. MLA membership and national conference
attendance (in rotation) paid. Full-time positions at Cromaine have paid
vacation, sick, and business time (available after completion of the
introductory period), plus holiday pay, paid birthday, and paid bereavement
leave. Health insurance (an HSA plan) is provided for the employee and the
employee may purchase health insurance for dependents at the library’s
rates. Dental insurance, optical coverage, life insurance, short- and
long-term disability are all provided for the employee. You may purchase
several AFLAC plans at the library’s rate with a pre-tax deduction. *TIAA-CREF
defined contribution retirement is provided at 10% employer contribution
and immediately vested with no required employee match.*

            Lead a staff committed to public service with a community that

--
Cecilia Ann Marlow
Library Director