[Michlib-l] Fwd: Dogs in Front of Library

Stanczak, Cindy cstanczak at albionlibrary.org
Mon Mar 5 14:17:59 EST 2018

It's a common issue here in the summer.  Someone on a walk ties their dog
to the light post in front of the library while they run in real quick for
a book or a movie.  It's also sadly common that someone will not be brief
in their visit and the dog becomes a concern for several reasons.

   - What if the dog bites someone?
   - What if someone hurts the dog?
   - What about our patrons with dog fear that won't/can't walk past a dog
   to come into the library?
   - What about the welfare of the dog being tied in front of the building
   - heat/cold, shelter, lack of shade, etc.

Does anyone have a formal policy on this you'd be willing to share to the
group?

Cynthia Stanczak
Library Director
Albion District Library
501 S. Superior St.
Albion, MI  49224
(517) 629-3993

Albion District Library: Transforming Minds, Changing Lives.
Proudly serving our community since 1919.
Online at www.albionlibrary.org, or find us on Facebook!