[Michlib-l] Final Call for #MiALA18 Annual Conference Poster Proposals - Deadline March 3

Heather Ladiski ladiskih at mcls.org
Fri Mar 2 12:05:36 EST 2018

Forwarded on behalf of the MiALA Conference Planning committee. Excuse posting to duplicate lists. Please forward to anyone that you believe would benefit from this information.

Final Call for Posters - MiALA Annual Conference 2018

Sustainability in Academic Libraries

MiALA invites you and your colleagues to submit poster proposals for the 3rd annual conference to be held May 17-18, 2018 in East Lansing. Please consider sharing your innovations, creative endeavors, and practical solutions for sustainability in academic librarianship. How do we sustain ourselves within the profession? How do we sustain our libraries and institutions? How do we work (or what is our obligation) environmentally and socially? How do we sustain our communities?

We welcome posters in any topic related to work in academic libraries, and particularly if they have a connection to the conference theme. Broad participation is encouraged from librarians, staff, LIS students, and administrators from all types of academic libraries (including but not limited to public universities, private colleges, and community colleges). Poster proposals should include a description of no more than 300 words. They will be evaluated on relevance to the academic library profession, originality and creativity, and clarity/applicability of content and outcomes.

You must be an individual or student member of MiALA to submit a proposal. Regardless of the decision on a proposal, MiALA encourages you to attend the conference. Poster session proposals may also be submitted if your presentation proposal is not accepted.

Please submit your poster proposal using the application form located here<https://www.memberleap.com/members/form.php?orgcode=MALA&fid=1703147> by tomorrow, March 3, 2018.

The primary contact listed on each proposal will receive a message indicating receipt of the proposal when it is submitted; decisions on all proposals will be communicated to the primary contact by March 21, 2018.

Questions can be sent to David Scott @ DavidScott at ferris.edu<mailto:DavidScott at ferris.edu>. Questions about the conference in general can be sent to conference at miala.org<mailto:conference at miala.org>.