[Michlib-l] Cutting machines and policies/charges

Walker-Papke, Elizabeth Elizabeth.Walker2 at arbor.edu
Fri Jun 29 10:54:07 EDT 2018

Good morning, collective brain!

Our library has recently acquired a Silhouette Cameo (a materials cutting machine similar to a Cricut that will cut paper, vinyl, other materials) and a Silhouette Mint (stamp making machine).

Do any of you have these machines or something similar in your makerspaces? I'm trying to establish usage policies (i.e. do you only let your staff/student workers operate? Do you train wannabe users? Other policies?) and how to charge for used materials...especially with the consumables of the machine itself (blades, for example), I'd like an idea on how you're approaching this.

All ideas welcome, and if anyone wants the same info, let me know and I can share compiled responses.

Thanks, all!

Elizabeth Walker
Librarian, Online and Distance Learning
Associate Professor of Library Science
Spring Arbor University
106 E. Main Street
Spring Arbor, MI 49283
o 517.750.6443 | f 517.750.6960
arbor.edu<http://arbor.edu/>
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10 NIV