[Michlib-l] "Libraries Rock" CSLP Newsletter: June 2018

Lancaster, Cathy (MDE) LancasterC5 at michigan.gov
Fri Jun 29 14:14:43 EDT 2018

View online: https://us13.campaign-archive.com/?e=&u=043a7515ceb3ad45bdd2dd405&id=b2b4858a56

CSLP Newsletter: June 2018
View this email in your browser<https://us13.campaign-archive.com/?e=&u=043a7515ceb3ad45bdd2dd405&id=b2b4858a56>

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/043a7515ceb3ad45bdd2dd405/images/ed31fdf7-bdb5-4a6b-914b-6d20102f5ae2.jpg]

What is in store for CSLP this July:

  *   Negotiating vendor agreements for 2020
  *   Negotiating fulfillment services for 2020
  *   Manual Chairs are meeting to continue planing the 2020 manual
  *   Agreement for the 2023 artist is being finalized
If you ever have a question for these or any CSLP activity, please contact Luke Kralik at luke.kralik at cslpreads.org<mailto:luke.kralik at cslpreads.org> or Karen Day at karen.day at cslpreads.org<mailto:karen.day at cslpreads.org>

Ideas needed for the 2020 program manual! Click here to submit your idea today!<https://www.cslpreads.org/2020-idea-submission/>

Be sure to check out this year’s webinar on the Early Literacy and Childrens Manuals hosted by the manuals editor. http://shopcslp.com/cslp/pages/webinars
2018 PSA: https://www.cslpreads.org/2018-psas/
2018 Incentive catalog: https://www.shopcslp.com

Kitchen Instruments!
[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/043a7515ceb3ad45bdd2dd405/images/3912907b-4303-44fa-8155-e75b4aa80427.jpg]
These young patrons are enjoying being part of a band with "kitchen instruments" at a performance by The Jolly Lollies at the Stanley Branch of the Gaston County Public Library in Stanley, NC.  Kitchen instruments included coffee cans, oatmeal containers, spatulas, measuring spoons and more!  The Jolly Lollies are currently touring the Carolinas for summer reading programs. Their music is great for storytimes and you can find it on Youtube!

Is your library ready to rock?
Do you have a great programming idea for this year? Have you started the summer already? Please send your photos and any informative details to Luke Kralik at: luke.kralik at cslpreads.org<mailto:luke.kralik at cslpreads.org> I would love to share them in our newsletter.

Looking for some ideas to use or share? https://www.pinterest.com/cslpreads/

Help make 2020 the start of something great!
The 2020 program year will be a big opportunity for CSLP. For the first time in our history we will be the sole copyright holder of all the artwork and designs we use in our program. This change will provide CSLP with the opportunity to let our member libraries use the artwork and designs in new and exciting ways.

In order to make this opportunity happen, CSLP is reactivating its Rules of Use Subcommittee. This group will be charged will reviewing and revising these rules. Our hope is for a more simplified list of rules that enhances the ways libraries are able to use the artwork and designs.

To make sure that these revisions address the various needs of our member libraries, we are seeking library staff from all library types to serve on this important subcommittee. We are looking for individuals who work in libraries that heavily use the artwork as well as libraries that do not use the artwork.

Changes to the Rules of Use have the potential to make an impact across our entire program. If you are able to volunteer for this important work, please apply using this form:

https://goo.gl/forms/JJZKPbFuBZXTBDi23

If you have any questions about the charge of this committee, or a question about the current Rules of Use, please contact Luke Kralik at luke.kralik at cslpreads.org<mailto:luke.kralik at cslpreads.org>

2018 Summer Reading Champion Book List!
[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/043a7515ceb3ad45bdd2dd405/images/d9c70eb1-97c8-40c0-8873-7354faba4667.jpg]
Grammy award winner, and CSLP Summer Reading Champion, Secret Agent 23 Skidoo has graciously shared a few of his favorite titles for 2018. Feel free to create your own bookmarks or flyers based on the list, or download and print one from the CSLP website:

https://www.cslpreads.org/recommended-summer-reads-from-secret-agent-23-skidoo/

Here are Secret Agent 23 Skidoo’s Recommended Reads for Summer 2018:

  1.  The Rainbow Goblins by Ul de Rico (ages 5-8)
  2.  When the Beat Was Born by Laban Carrick Hill and Theodore Taylor III (ages 6-10)
  3.  Trombone Shorty by Troy Andrews (ages 4-8)
  4.  Blueberry Girl by Neil Gaiman and Charles Vess (ages 4-8)
  5.  Weirdo Calhoun and the Odd Men Out by Secret Agent 23 Skidoo (ages 4-8)
  6.  The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente (ages 9-12)
  7.  The Dreamer by Pam Munoz Ryan (ages 9-12)
  8.  Scythe by Neal Shusterman (ages 14 & up)
  9.  Un Lun Dun by China Mieville (ages 10 & up)
  10. InterWorld by Neil Gaiman and Michael Reaves (ages 13 & up)

What is on the horizon for CSLP?

2018: Theme/Music; Slogan/”Libraries Rock”; Artist/Brian Pinkney

2019: Theme/Space; Slogan/”A Universe of Stories” Artist/Leeza Hernandez

2020: Theme/Fairytales, Mythology, Fantasy; Slogan/”Imagine Your Story” Artist/LeUyen Pham

2021: Theme/Animals; Slogan/”Tails and Tales” Artist/Salina Yoon

2022: Theme/World-Social Justice-Unity-Kindness-Inclusion-Change-Diversity-Equity-Make a difference-Embrace different cultures; Slogan/”All Together Now” Artist/Sophie Blackall

Was this forwarded to you? Click here to sign up for your own copy of the newsletter!<http://eepurl.com/cYq7o1>

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/043a7515ceb3ad45bdd2dd405/images/fe1bc2ca-6945-468d-bbcd-6b370c90b9b1.jpg]

[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-facebook-48.png]<https://www.facebook.com/cslpreads>

[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-pinterest-48.png]<https://www.pinterest.com/cslpreads/>