[Michlib-l] UPCOMING WORKSHOP -- If These Walls Could Talk: Researching Your Historic House - July 6

HSM Main hsm at hsmichigan.org
Wed Jun 27 16:00:31 EDT 2018

Upcoming Workshop . Friday, July 6

If These Walls Could Talk:

Researching Your Historic House

with Robert Myers, Historical Society of Michigan and Cassandra Nelson,
Preservation Lansing

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Learn more and register on
our website.

Every building has a history, and your house has a great story to tell. In
this workshop, you'll learn how to uncover house histories: who built them
and when, their architectural styles, and the stories of the families who
called them home. Join us on Friday, July 6, to find out what to do with
that information.

Participants can "attend" remotely, if they prefer. See our website for full
details.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Learn more and register on
our website.

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan is our state's oldest cultural
organization, founded in 1828 by territorial governor Lewis Cass and
explorer Henry Schoolcraft. A nongovernmental nonprofit, the Society focuses
on publications, conferences, education, awards and recognition programming,
and support for local history organizations to preserve and promote
Michigan's rich history.

  _____

For more information on the Historical Society of Michigan, please visit
<http://www.hsmichigan.org/> www.hsmichigan.org or e-mail us at
<mailto:hsm at hsmichigan.org> hsm at hsmichigan.org.

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan

5815 Executive Dr. . Lansing, MI 48911

Phone: (517) 324-1828 . FAX: (517) 324-4370

Future History Skills Workshops

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Visit our website for full
descriptions of each workshop.

Friday, July 20

Taming the Chaos: Collections Management for Small Museums

Friday, August 3

Archives 201

Friday, August 17

Suiting Up: First-Person Interpretation

Friday, September 7

Genealogy 201

Participants can "attend" remotely, if they prefer. See our website for full
details. (Remote access is not available for off-site workshops.)

Workshops are held from 9 a.m. to noon at the Meijer Education Center at the
Historical Society of Michigan, 5815 Executive Dr., Lansing, Michigan
(unless otherwise noted). Off-site workshops are held 1-4 p.m.

If you are a personal member of HSM or represent an organization that itself
is a member of the Society, registration is $39.

Registration for non-members is $79 and includes a one-year HSM Individual
Level 1 [Basic] membership.

This e-mail is sent to our members and friends to keep you updated on
historical activities and opportunities to learn more about our state's
history. To opt-out, please respond to this e-mail with "remove" in the
subject line.