[Michlib-l] Summer Marketing

Smiley,Trent smileyt at cadl.org
Sun Jun 24 13:41:52 EDT 2018

CADL is using Libraries Rock to promote SRP and other services. We are also creating promotions to help strengthen our "Everything Right Here" brand promise. Here are some examples:

Summer Reading - In addition to using the national PSA, we have created local spots through our media partnerships which have generated over $15,000 worth of free advertisements. While our SRP Reporters project allows local kids and teens to share the excitement of Summer Reading through on-air and online reports. This is a partnership with the communication department in one of our large markets, which is key in getting our upcoming millage passed.

Finally, we secured tickets from School of Rock: The musical and Disney's Lion King to use for SRP and other contests.

SRP TV Spot: https://bit.ly/2tw1U09
SRP Radio Spot: https://bit.ly/2MWYEDI
SRP Reporters: (graphic attached)
Library of Things PSA: https://bit.ly/2lxN9GA
Staff Editorial: https://on.lsj.com/2ts09BV
Take Us Along Spot (attached)

Capital Area Cover Song Contest - We  are partnering with Marshall Music Stores and the Common Ground Music Festival on this cool promotion that will provide one singer or band with the opportunity to perform during the 2019 music festival.
CG: https://bit.ly/2Kh1kut
(Contest artwork is attached)

Podcasts  - As a way to connect with the Libraries Rock theme we secured an CADLcast interview with a representative from Prince's Paisley Park Museum. We are also using the interview as a way to promote our Prince titles.

Interview Teaser: https://bit.ly/2tnELgW
Full CADLcast Podcast including interview: https://bit.ly/2ywCk0H
Executive Edition Podcast: https://bit.ly/2HRPYed
Reader's Roundtable Podcast: https://bit.ly/2KgsViy

Trenton M. Smiley
Marketing & Communications Director
Capital Area District Libraries-Administration
401 S. Capitol Ave., Lansing, MI 48933
517-367-6348 | smileyt at cadl.org<mailto:smileyt at cadl.org>
www.cadl.org<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.cadl.org&d=DQMFAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=eQ4zwfvICxqHRkdUL5_5Ew&m=10jJJ5KSdHz2-h8X5t1pHUHubNn2DWMq89Hf3-OPD2Y&s=3rbAsyBXjj2NNLBsgfvAFXBIOTtrw486OCi5yA3tUNc&e=> | facebook.com/cadlibrary<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_cadlibrary-3Fref-3Dhl&d=DQMFAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=eQ4zwfvICxqHRkdUL5_5Ew&m=10jJJ5KSdHz2-h8X5t1pHUHubNn2DWMq89Hf3-OPD2Y&s=Mh_HT9zWTBaQYNJrkGn5UQkZsHahpNWPo3T1jUZsMTo&e=> | twitter.com/cadl<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.twitter.com_cadl&d=DQMFAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=eQ4zwfvICxqHRkdUL5_5Ew&m=10jJJ5KSdHz2-h8X5t1pHUHubNn2DWMq89Hf3-OPD2Y&s=kjEu80TS31ymwngLwD5AH2BEd7u0lbjJEff7iRegUfQ&e=>