[Michlib-l] "Meet and Greet" with Cindy Hunter Morgan, Michigan Notable Book Author, on Tuesday, June 26 at 6:30 pm

Ann Marie Smith amsmith at uproc.lib.mi.us
Wed Jun 13 14:15:10 EDT 2018

"MEET AND GREET" WITH CINDY HUNTER MORGAN

MICHIGAN NOTABLE BOOK AUTHOR, HARBORLESS

TUESDAY, JUNE 26 AT 6:30 PM

We are honored to announce that the
<https://www.facebook.com/PickfordCommunityLibrary/?fref=mentions> Pickford
Community Library has been selected to host poet Cindy Hunter Morgan as part
of the  <https://www.facebook.com/libraryofmichigan/?fref=mentions> Library
of Michigan 2018 Michigan Notable Book Tour.  We hope you will join us in
giving Professor Morgan a warm welcome on Tuesday, June 26 at 6:30 pm. We
will have a "meet and greet" with readings by the author and the Enlightened
Page-Turners Book Club will provide refreshments.

Professor Morgan's book, Harborless, was one of 20 works selected from over
300 submissions in 2017.  Harborless "is a collection of poems informed by
Great Lakes shipwrecks. Part history and part reinvention, most of the poems
are titled after the name of a ship, the year of the wreck, and the lake in
which the ship met disaster. The book's time frame spans from wrecks that
precede the Civil War to those involving modern ore carriers (Library of
Michigan, 2018)."

Cindy Hunter Morgan is an assistant professor of creative writing and book
arts at Michigan State University. She is also the author of two chapbooks:
"The Sultan, The Skater, The Bicycle Maker," which won The Ledge Press 2011
Poetry Chapbook Competition, and "Apple Season," which won the Midwest
Writing Center's 2012 Chapbook Contest. To learn more about her work, please
visit her website at
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcindyhuntermorgan.com%2F&h=ATPf
dAAuStr1A8zLXLYIaFdpJIAbBM30bdjcZ3ih74UkrtsIEegU-gdCdqBLsszIv8N3muUH5MmRqt4G
6OG50VBYGTqRz2I1EPM4vHAc2M62EzhNTiw3B9hP1Fqt6cY9lB4v8SRH>
cindyhuntermorgan.com.

For more information, contact Library Manager Ann Marie Smith at
906-647-1288 or  <mailto:amsmith at uproc.lib.mi.us> amsmith at uproc.lib.mi.us.
The Pickford Community Library is located at 230 East Main Street in
downtown Pickford.  We hope to see you there.