[Michlib-l] UPCOMING WORKSHOP -- Exhibits on a Shoestring - June 15

Historical Society of Michigan hsm at hsmichigan.org
Wed Jun 6 12:45:18 EDT 2018

Upcoming Workshop . Friday, June 15

Exhibits on a Shoestring

with Tammy Barnes, Kalamazoo Valley Museum

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Learn more and register on
our website.

What makes a museum exhibit communicate its message successfully? How do
organizations present concepts so they are compelling but still within the
budget? Building professional-looking exhibits on a limited budget has now
become easier due to advancements in printing technologies. This workshop
will address several low-cost options for designing and mounting displays.

Participants can "attend" remotely, if they prefer. See our website for full
details.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Learn more and register on
our website.

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan is our state's oldest cultural
organization, founded in 1828 by territorial governor Lewis Cass and
explorer Henry Schoolcraft. A nongovernmental nonprofit, the Society focuses
on publications, conferences, education, awards and recognition programming,
and support for local history organizations to preserve and promote
Michigan's rich history.

  _____

For more information on the Historical Society of Michigan, please visit
<http://www.hsmichigan.org/> www.hsmichigan.org or e-mail us at
<mailto:hsm at hsmichigan.org> hsm at hsmichigan.org.

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan

5815 Executive Dr. . Lansing, MI 48911

Phone: (517) 324-1828 . FAX: (517) 324-4370

Future History Skills Workshops

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Visit our website for full
descriptions of each workshop.

Friday, July 6
If These Walls Could Talk: Researching Your Historic House

Friday, July 20

Taming the Chaos: Collections Management for Small Museums

Friday, August 3

Archives 201

Friday, August 17

Suiting Up: First-Person Interpretation

Participants can "attend" remotely, if they prefer. See our website for full
details. (Remote access is not available for off-site workshops.)

Workshops are held from 9 a.m. to noon at the Meijer Education Center at the
Historical Society of Michigan, 5815 Executive Dr., Lansing, Michigan
(unless otherwise noted). Off-site workshops are held 1-4 p.m.

If you are a personal member of HSM or represent an organization that itself
is a member of the Society, registration is $39.

Registration for non-members is $79 and includes a one-year HSM Individual
Level 1 [Basic] membership.

This e-mail is sent to our members and friends to keep you updated on
historical activities and opportunities to learn more about our state's
history. To opt-out, please respond to this e-mail with "remove" in the
subject line.