[Michlib-l] Tech Questions on lending a Fire 8

Dennis Hillers dhillers at adriandominicans.org
Wed Jun 6 12:04:57 EDT 2018

Hello-

I have some questions about starting a program to lend a few Fire 8's or Ipads with my very trustworthy patrons.

The general Idea I have is that I should get 2-3 Fire 8's with Prime access to whatever Amazon is offering up that day to my Sisters, especially those who are vision impaired or are Seniors.  I get a lot of feedback in my outreach time asking for information and books that I do not have, and a lot of audio media from Catholic vendors is starting to become rarer in CD's, which is still very much the preferred from of media around here.

I think this would be a good idea on the surface, but I'm also interested in seeing how other libraries handle this other than the small purpose-built e-readers. So some information here would be welcome.

Thanks!

Dennis Hillers, MSLIS
Librarian
Adrian Dominican Sisters
St. Catherine of Siena Library, Madden Hall
1257 Siena Heights Dr.
Adrian, Michigan 49221

[cid:image001.png at 01D2D589.EDADC570]