[Michlib-l] MeL Minute: Celebrate African American History Month with Britannica

Norris, Sonya (MDE) NorrisS2 at michigan.gov
Fri Jan 26 17:14:09 EST 2018

Greetings Michigan Library Community,

Save time, keep organized, and share Britannica content with Resource Packs!  'My Britannica' provides users a quick and easy way to collect and share materials including articles, images, and videos. Whether you are planning a lesson or just need quick access to important information, you can log into 'My Britannica' from school, home, or the library.

To get started, click 'My Britannica' in the upper right of any screen in Britannica School.  If you don't already have a personal account, click 'sign-up' and follow the instructions on the screen.  Be sure to indicate if you are a student or an educator before clicking 'OK.' Now you are ready to start saving, organizing, and sharing!

You can begin to save content by conducting a search and clicking the star within an article, image, video, or other text source.  You can then place that piece of content in a Resource Pack.  Save as much or as little as you'd like.  Once you have saved content that you would like to share, click on 'My Content' in the upper right of your screen and find your newly created Resource Pack on the left of your screen.  Click on the Resource Pack title to take notes or add additional content.   Share by clicking the 'share pack' link in the upper right of the Resource Pack screen.  You'll find a unique url just for your Resource Pack! Before users in Michigan can view the shared resource pack from this link, be sure to first click into a Britannica School level found at Mel.org to geo-authenticate your computer.  Once a computer is geo-authenticated, anyone can click the shared link to access all the great content you've shared.

In February, we are celebrating African American History Month, so we'd like to share a few Resource Packs that we've put together to get you started!  Remember to first click on a Britannica School level at Mel.org to geo-authenticate your computer.  Then click on the links below.   Start sharing today!

Celebrating African American History (Elementary) http://eb.com/72496

Celebrating African American History (Secondary) http://eb.com/72494

African Americans in STEM (Elementary) http://eb.com/119506

African Americans in STEM (Secondary) http://eb.com/119505

Brought to you by the MeL Team.

MeL databases are available to Michigan residents or Michigan library access only.

Want more information on MeL?  Stay tuned for the next MeL Minute available on many Michigan library listservs, email us at contact at mel.org<mailto:contact at mel.org>,  visit http://mel.org<http://mel.org/>, or sign up for the MeL Minute and other Library of Michigan e-mail lists via GovDelivery. We encourage you to share MeL Minutes with your colleagues and networks.

Sonya Schryer Norris

Library of Michigan
702 W. Kalamazoo St.
Lansing, MI 48909
517-373-4457

http://michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan
http://mel.org<http://mel.org/>
http://michlibrary.org<http://michlibrary.org/>

[cid:image003.png at 01D396C9.128DEB80]Visit the new Michigan Parent Dashboard for School Transparency
Your Window to Important School Information and Facts

Learn more at: http://www.MISchoolData.org/ParentDashboard<http://www.mischooldata.org/ParentDashboard>