[Michlib-l] Commercial Note Sharing Sites - MyCourseHero

Caryn Noel cnoel at walshcollege.edu
Mon Jan 22 10:33:29 EST 2018

Hello Collective Brain!

Please excuse any cross postings - perhaps this is aimed towards the academics, but I am positive that the public librarians have seen this as well.  Would love to hear all responses and opinions!

Has anyone had to educate their students about My Course Hero (www.mycoursehero.com) or any other commercial note (or test) sharing sites?  Here at Walsh College, we are finding they are creating absolute chaos and confusion for students regarding tutoring and plagiarism, as they are "such a timesaver".  Literally, one of our students met a guy in a grocery store that told him about this resource! Okay, how come libraries can't get that type of hype?

Anyway -   How are your institutions, either through Academic Integrity committees or via your legal teams,  dealing with the students?  The sites themselves?

Thanks again for your input,
Caryn

Caryn Noel, MLIS
Library Director