[Michlib-l] UPCOMING HISTORY HOUNDS: The Mighty Mac: Connecting Michigan's Peninsulas - March 14

Historical Society of Michigan hsm at hsmichigan.org
Wed Feb 28 14:35:54 EST 2018

Upcoming Lecture . Wednesday, March 14

The Mighty Mac: Connecting Michigan's Peninsulas

with Kim Nowack, Mackinac Bridge Authority

Seating is limited! Reserve your spot now.
Participants can "attend" remotely too.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/history-hounds-lecture-series/> Learn
more and register on our website.

HSM members attend for FREE! Non-members, $7.

"The Mighty Mac: Connecting Michigan's Peninsulas" will take place on
Wednesday, March 14, at 7 p.m.

>From early on, crossing the Straits of Mackinac came with challenges-that
is, until the Mackinac Bridge, the nation's longest suspension bridge,
connected the Upper and Lower Peninsulas. But the Mackinac Bridge comes with
its own challenges. You will hear the past, present, and future of the
"Mighty Mac."

  _____

If you enjoy "sniffing out" and exploring Michigan's most fascinating
historical facets, join us for our evening series of in-depth lectures. The
Historical Society of Michigan's History HoundsT Lecture Series allows
attendees to delve into Michigan's history and dig up a bone or two of new
appreciation to take home.

HSM members attend for FREE! Non-members, $7.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/history-hounds-lecture-series/> To
register for a lecture, use our secure online registration forms or call
(800) 692-1828.

  _____

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan is our state's oldest cultural
organization, founded in 1828 by territorial governor Lewis Cass and
explorer Henry Schoolcraft. A nongovernmental nonprofit, the Society focuses
on publications, conferences, education, awards and recognition programming,
and support for local history organizations to preserve and promote
Michigan's rich history.

  _____

For more information on the Historical Society of Michigan, please visit
<http://www.hsmichigan.org/> www.hsmichigan.org or e-mail us at
<mailto:hsm at hsmichigan.org> hsm at hsmichigan.org.

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan

5815 Executive Dr. . Lansing, MI 48911

Phone: (517) 324-1828 . FAX: (517) 324-4370

Upcoming lectures include.

Wednesday, April 11

Murder and Mayhem: True Crime in Michigan History

Wednesday, May 9

Invading Russia: The Polar Bear Expedition

Wednesday, June 13

Under the Waves: Remembering the Rockaway

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/history-hounds-lecture-series/> To
register for a lecture, use our secure online registration forms or call
(800) 692-1828.

Lectures start at 7 p.m. (unless noted) at the Meijer Education Center at
the Historical Society of Michigan, 5815 Executive Dr., Lansing, Michigan.
The lecture and Q&As usually last about an hour.

Seating is limited and pre-registration is suggested but not required.
Walk-ins are welcome.

If you are an individual member of HSM, registration is FREE. Registration
for non-members is $7.

Participants can "attend" remotely, if they prefer, through Zoom Video
Communications and will be able to interact with the speaker and other
attendees.*

For in-person attendees, light refreshments will be available.

*For full interaction, microphone and webcam are required on your device.
Instructions on how to remote-in to the workshop will be sent to attendees.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/history-hounds-lecture-series/> To
register for a lecture, use our secure online registration forms or call
(800) 692-1828.

This e-mail is sent to our members and friends to keep you updated on
historical activities and opportunities to learn more about our state's
history. To opt-out, please respond to this e-mail with "remove" in the
subject line.