[Michlib-l] Sad News

ConnieJo Ozinga cjozinga at commercelibrary.info
Wed Feb 21 14:12:03 EST 2018

I first met Mike when he and I were elected to whatever public library
division MLA had in those days. He and the late Don Best (then director in
Cadillac) set great examples to this then newbie librarian. (MLA was at
Sugar Loaf Mountain that year btw.) We stayed in touch after I left
Michigan and when I became a Carnegie Library Director he made sure I got a
tour of the old TC library.  Which I classed in the very common category of
Carnegie with a shoebox stuck to it.  So he may be gone, but he will always
be one of my very positive memories.

Connie

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 9:46 AM, Gail Parsons via Michlib-l <
michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> I wanted to share with you all the sad news that TADL's former director,
> Mike McGuire, passed away yesterday morning after a long illness. Funeral
> arrangements are incomplete at this time, but he is being served by
> Reynolds Jonkhoff Funeral Home in Traverse City.
>
> Mike worked at TADL for about 35 years and was director for most of that
> time, retiring in 2009. He continued to volunteer here sorting donations
> until a couple years ago. He was also past president of MLA.
>
> --
> Gail A. Parsons
> Library Director
> Traverse Area District Library
> 610 Woodmere Ave.
> Traverse City, MI 49686
>
> 231-932-8527 <(231)%20932-8527> (phone)
> 231-944-3630 <(231)%20944-3630> (cell)
> 231-932-8500 <(231)%20932-8500> (fax)
> gparsons at tadl.org (email)

Connie Jo Ozinga
Library Director
Commerce Township Community Library
180 E. Commerce
Commerce, MI 48390
(248) 669-8108 x101 <(248)%20669-8108>
www.commercelibrary.info

Raising a reader is: Talking * Singing * Reading * Writing *  Playing

--
The information contained in this electronic message is intended only for
the use of the designated recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not