[Michlib-l] Free books from the Library of Michigan - updated

Sasota, Jennifer (MDE) SasotaJ at michigan.gov
Wed Feb 7 14:19:45 EST 2018

Hello -  Just a reminder that the Library of Michigan has free materials we are offering to the library community.  We have updated the lists to reflect what we still have available and a few titles that have since been added. To take advantage of this opportunity, see the information below and the attached spreadsheets.  Feel free to forward this message to other library groups or listservs within Michigan.

Content and condition
The titles listed are extra copies of fiction and non-fiction (hard and soft cover) books submitted to the Michigan Notable Books program over the last year and either contain Michigan content and/or were written by a Michigan author. Also available are some used Michigan government documents.

How to request
Please submit requests by email (respond to this message).  If you are local or passing through, you are welcome to schedule a time to select and claim materials on-site from 8am-5pm, Mon.-Fri. Email sasotaj at michigan.gov<mailto:sasotaj at michigan.gov> if you want to schedule a visit.

Email requests are handled on a first-come basis by date and time. Some or all of the materials you request may no longer be available at the point we receive your email.  Only requests for which we can supply NO materials will receive an email response.

Shipping
We prefer to ship items via RIDES. If you are not in the RIDES system, we can ship via UPS and will ship free for materials costing up to $20.00 per institution until/unless the funding is exhausted.

Email requests must include the title as noted on the spreadsheet(s), RIDES code or a delivery address (street address only, no p.o. box), contact name, phone number and email address.  Emails should be directed to sasotaj at michigan.gov<mailto:sasotaj at michigan.gov>

Deadline
If you are interested in any of these materials, please respond to this email no later than February 16th, 2018.  Materials will be shipped as soon as time and resources allow.

Thanks for your time, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Jennifer Sasota
Library of Michigan
Government Documents
702 W. Kalamazoo Street