[Michlib-l] Great program - Detroit History

Annie K liblady2 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 6 16:01:01 EST 2018

The Clinton-Macomb Public Library had the pleasure ofhosting Joel Stone, senior curator at the Detroit Historical Museum, whopresented a talk on the topic “UniqueStreet Names: The Man on the Street (and Women, too!)”.  It was an excellent program, giving afascinating look at early Detroit and it was also fun to hear about the history ofthe streets we have driven many times.  Joelwas an informative and engaging speaker. We had close to 100 in attendance and Joel had a tough time getting outof the library, due to the number of questions!
Would highly recommend Joel - and the Detroit Historical Society has a wealth of offerings through their Speakers Bureau.

Ellen K. McNallyLibrarianClinton-Macomb Public Library40900 Romeo Plank RoadClinton Twp., MI 48038586-226-5046