[Michlib-l] Knives in library

Jaema Berman jberman at tln.lib.mi.us
Tue Apr 24 12:01:09 EDT 2018

Linda,
>From our Code of Conduct Policy: Weapons of any kind are prohibited on Library property unless the carrier is a law enforcement office or has a valid permit to carry a concealed weapon."

Thanks,
Jaema

1.

From: "michlib-l" <michlib-l at mcls.org>
To: "michlib-l at lists.mcls.org" <michlib-l at mail.mcls.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 11:44:24 AM
Subject: [Michlib-l] Knives in library

Hi all,
Does anyone have a policy about weapons in the library, particularly knives? Or any experience with dealing with this situation?

Linda Lyshol, MLIS, MPA
Library Director, Branch District Library
10 E. Chicago St.,Coldwater MI 49036
[ http://www.branchdistrictlibrary.org/ | http://www.BranchDistrictLibrary.org ]
517-278-2341, ext. 116 | 517-278-2342 (fax)

“I’ve come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technology:
1) Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and just a natural part of the way the world works
2) Anything that’s invented when you’re between 15-35 yrs old is new and exciting and revolutionary—and you can probably get a career in it
3) Anything invented after you’re 35 yrs old is against the natural order of things”
~Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt