[Michlib-l] Workshop Announcement - The care and feeding of our library buildings

Kate Andrade kate at woodlands.lib.mi.us
Sat Apr 21 21:50:04 EDT 2018

Are you responsible for the maintenance of your library building?  Do you
dream of having a dedicated facilities manager? Do you really know what’s
involved in the care and feeding of your building?

Join the Woodlands Library Cooperative’s fantastic Continuing Education
Committee as we spend a full day talking about our facilities. The morning
will be dedicated to repair and maintenance, and the afternoon is dedicated
to building projects – from how to pay for them, what we learned, do’s and
don’ts and other tips and tricks. Board members and
vendors/architects/engineers are welcome to attend and participate, but
this is primarily library staff talking to other library staff.

Thursday, May 24, 2018
9:00am to 3:45pm
Jackson District Library – Meijer Branch
2699 Airport Road
Jackson, MI 49202

The rough agenda for the day looks like this:

9:00-9:30am – Registration & refreshments
9:30-10:45am – Panel of building experts
10:45 – 11:00am – Break
11:00 – Noon – Q&A on specific situations (submit your questions ahead of
time to kate at woodlands.lib.mi.us)

Noon-1:00pm – lunch (included in your registration fee)

1:00-2:15 – Building projects – a casual discussion by librarians who have
lived through it!
2:15-2:30 – Break
2:30-3:30 – Continued building discussion
3:30-3:45 – Wrap up & close

$10 for WLC members
$20 for non-WLC members

Registration information can be found by visiting:
http://woodlands.lib.mi.us/events/buildings/

Hope to see you there!
kate
--