[Michlib-l] Presenter Recommendation for Family Programs - Pint Size Polkas with Uncle Mike Schneider

Mary Beth Reasoner mbreasoner at tecumsehlibrary.org
Sun Apr 15 14:40:42 EDT 2018

Dear All -

Tecumseh District Library recently presented a family program (designed for Kindergartners through Fifth Graders) called "The Library Rocks/Polkas" featuring Pint Size Polkas with Uncle Mike Schneider.  He was fantastic and has the qualities that every Children's Librarian who books performers desires!  Mike was very personable, both in his e-mail correspondence and in person. He was patient and willing to work with us as we made several attempts to find a compatible booking date.  He came prepared, on time, and full of energy, even though we were his third program of the day! We so enjoyed Mike's excellent accordion playing and his patter.  We sang along, danced the Chicken Dance and the Hokey Pokey, and clapped along to a variety of songs played polka style!  He often asked for young volunteers to come up and participate in funny trivia questions about rocks.  He was able to ad lib, which is a necessity when working with children!

He has a very descriptive website and offers a variety of programs, including the one which revolves around the this year's CSLP SRP theme, "Libraries Rock!"  His prices are reasonable and our program was funded via TDL's Friends Group.  He lives in Wisconsin but performs often in Michigan.  He will offer a discount when he can schedule performances for more than one library in a day.

Check out his website at www.pintsizepolkas.com<http://www.pintsizepolkas.com>

We received many compliments from parents for a fun-filled evening!

Mary Beth

Mary Beth Reasoner
Children's Services Librarian
Tecumseh District Library

mbreasoner at tecumsehlibrary.org<http://mbreasoner@tecumsehlibrary.org><mailto:mbreasoner at gmail.com>
www.tecumsehlibrary.org<http://www.tecumsehlibrary.org/>

215 North Ottawa Street
Tecumseh, MI  49286-1564

517-423-2238
517-423-5519 (Fax)

"Let us read and let us dance, two amusements that will never do any harm to the world."     - Voltaire