[Michlib-l] MeL database evaluation process: trial and review today!

Kosinski, Kathy (MDE) KosinskiK at michigan.gov
Tue Apr 10 12:38:33 EDT 2018

Hello everyone!
In case you did not know, the Michigan eLibrary databases are all going out for new contracts. We received bids from many vendors, and have already made our first cut based on technical requirements. We have 11 remaining vendors and even more databases to sort through. As such, we are going through an evaluation period with trial access to the databases. We would like your help to review these databases and your input on how helpful (or not) each database would be for your patrons.

Everything that is related to the MeL database RFP evaluation is contained within a Google Doc<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mBxQJqRF_olKRm3wAp_FqKOthdccfpP2CHvaCtEup2M/edit?usp=sharing>, but a few quick information for the interested:

  *   Each vendor had a recorded webinar which is posted in the trial document. You do not need a login to access the recordings.
  *   The evaluation period goes until April 20th at 11:59pm
  *   The evaluation survey is lengthy but only 5 questions are absolutely required (three at the beginning and two at the end). The rest just helps us with our justifications. The required questions are:
     *   Full name, library, and email address
     *   Library type
     *   Product name and name of vendor
     *   Would you recommend this product for purchase (Y/N)
     *   Please summarize your evaluation in one paragraph

Feel free to send any questions or comments my way!

Best,
Kathy

Kathy Kosinski
Statewide Library Services Analyst