[Michlib-l] Circulating/Storing DVDs

Danielle Fox dfoxhollylibrary at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 10:13:32 EDT 2018

Good morning,

We have quite a large collection of DVDs that are taking up a lot of
storage space behind our circulation desk. We currently store the empty
case out for patrons to browse and bring up and then we have the actual dvd
in another case behind the desk.

We are currently considering either buying all new locking cases to store
the dvds in or just placing the dvds out in regular cases. So our questions
are:

1) Do you find the locking cases to be too cumbersome?
2) Have you dealt with much theft if your DVD's are patron accessible and
not in locked cases?
3) Are there any other practical ways of storing our dvd's we aren't
considering?

Thank you in advance for any feedback you can provide!

Danielle Fox

--
Adult Services Manager
Holly Township Library