[Michlib-l] UPCOMING WORKSHOP -- Publishing Your History Book - April 13

HSM Main hsm at hsmichigan.org
Tue Apr 3 16:40:55 EDT 2018

Upcoming Workshop . Friday, April 13

Publishing Your History Book

with David Hilberer, McNaughton & Gunn and Robert Myers, Historical Society
of Michigan

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Learn more and register on
our website.

Have you wanted to produce a local history book, but didn't know where to
begin? The presenters will take you through all the steps of creating a
book, including defining the scope, researching and writing, creating
financial goals, gathering illustrations, defining the market, printing, and
marketing the volume to the public.

Participants can "attend" remotely, if they prefer. See our website for full
details.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Learn more and register on
our website.

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan is our state's oldest cultural
organization, founded in 1828 by territorial governor Lewis Cass and
explorer Henry Schoolcraft. A nongovernmental nonprofit, the Society focuses
on publications, conferences, education, awards and recognition programming,
and support for local history organizations to preserve and promote
Michigan's rich history.

  _____

For more information on the Historical Society of Michigan, please visit
<http://www.hsmichigan.org/> www.hsmichigan.org or e-mail us at
<mailto:hsm at hsmichigan.org> hsm at hsmichigan.org.

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan

5815 Executive Dr. . Lansing, MI 48911

Phone: (517) 324-1828 . FAX: (517) 324-4370

Future History Skills Workshops

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Visit our website for full
descriptions of each workshop.

Wednesday, April 11

Special Off-Site Workshop in Northville

Fading Photos: How to Identify, Scan, Restore, and Archive Historical
Photographs

Tuesday, April 17

Special Off-Site Workshop in Leland
Fading Photos: How to Identify, Scan, Restore, and Archive Historical
Photographs

Wednesday, April 25

Special Off-Site Workshop in Saginaw
If These Bricks Could Talk: Researching Historic Buildings

Friday, May 18
Grades, GLCEs, and the Good Old Days: Becoming an Extension of the Classroom

Participants can "attend" remotely, if they prefer. See our website for full
details. (Remote access is not available for off-site workshops.)

Workshops are held from 9 a.m. to noon at the Meijer Education Center at the
Historical Society of Michigan, 5815 Executive Dr., Lansing, Michigan
(unless otherwise noted). Off-site workshops are held 1-4 p.m.

If you are a personal member of HSM or represent an organization that itself
is a member of the Society, registration is $39.

Registration for non-members is $79 and includes a one-year HSM Individual
Level 1 [Basic] membership.

This e-mail is sent to our members and friends to keep you updated on
historical activities and opportunities to learn more about our state's
history. To opt-out, please respond to this e-mail with "remove" in the
subject line.