[Michlib-l] Want a new job for the holidays? Hartland's Cromaine Library is hiring!

Ceci Marlow cmarlow at cromaine.org
Wed Nov 29 18:14:10 EST 2017

*Cromaine Is the Cultural Center of Hartland…and our community appreciates
that*

A beautiful new addition has been completed, under budget, and we finally
have spaces for our staff to continue to create new and innovate
traditional library services and collections. As the Cultural Center of
Hartland, Hartland’s Cromaine is expected by its community to offer music
and art, as well as all of the science, engineering and technology
engagement possible for all ages. *We have a 20-hour Adult Services
Librarian position *available with principal responsibilities for
magazines, technology instruction, and collection development for sections
of fiction and nonfiction for adults. All of our Librarians are
cross-trained for Adult, Youth, Teen, and Circulation. You may not do a
story time, but you’ll probably assist with desk coverage in Youth and at
Circulation as well as some other programming (Quidditch Tournament
anyone?) In 2017, Hartland’s Cromaine celebrated its 90th year of service
with a big splash, including the grand opening of the new space. *We are
the place to connect—with warm and friendly staff, the Web, and the
community. If that’s your desire, interest, and future vision, too, then we
need you! *

            Cromaine District Library is located near the intersection of
M-59 and US-23—easy to get to from Detroit, Lansing, Ann Arbor, and Flint.
Hartland’s Cromaine (built in 1927, expanded in 1980, and again this year,
2017) has the elegant Community Room, a large physical collection and large
digital collection, plus two new smaller meeting rooms, a Youth Program
Room, and three new study rooms as a result of the little addition to this
building. *We also have a serious commitment to outreach, participating in
many events and exhibits beyond our walls* as well as finding new ways to
be active outside this building in a busy community.

            Cromaine wins grants, including several National Endowment for
the Arts’ The Big Read. Grants for technology in Youth, local business
sponsorships for an expanded summer concert series, exhibits from the
Smithsonian and to be a pilot for a national grant program—we are a place
to connect to culture, music, technology, makers, as well as reading in
every format. *Many of the grants support a very full event calendar*
(check It out at WWW.CROMAINE.ORG).   We are an OverDrive (TLN’s Download
Destination) plus Advantage, hoopla, and RB Digital (Zinio) library. We
also offer Kanopy and Universal Class services supporting our lifelong
learners. We welcome new technologies and ways to improve collections and
services, taking seriously every patron request.

            We pay MLS librarians $19.00 per hour to start, 20 hours per
week; includes some evenings and weekends. MLA membership and national
conference attendance (in rotation) paid. After successful completion of
the 90-day introductory period, an increase to $19.50 is planned. Part-time
positions at Cromaine have prorated paid time off, plus holiday pay, paid
birthday, and paid bereavement leave as well as an opportunity to
participate in AFLAC, but no other paid benefits.

            Share your love for new technologies and public service with a
community that loves its library and its library staff even more. Send your
application (available at WWW.CROMAINE.ORG), resume and a cover letter to
“Librarian” at Cromaine or e-mail (preferred to be “green”) to
brentola at cromaine.org by December 11, 2017—position applications accepted
until filled.

--
Cecilia Ann Marlow