[Michlib-l] BRAND NEW Under the Radar Michigan Book Coming: Bulk Order Opportunity Available!

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Tue Nov 7 10:31:07 EST 2017

All,

As you are probably aware, we have a couple of publishing partners out there who are helping us spread the word when it comes to all the great things concerning the Michigan Activity Pass (MAP) program. As part of this relationship, Michigan libraries also get the opportunity to purchase their books and dvd's at a discount. A win-win!

Let's get your orders to me by no later than close of TLN business on Friday, December 8, please. Having said that, below is a list of the 11 items we are offering in terms of bulk order opportunities from these two publishers. I am also including three other titles that were suggested by libraries around the state. Finally, there is a 15th title which I just saw come across my radar screen that sounded interesting, and not that easy to get. So I added it to the mix, too. Please let me know by NUMBER, which one(s) we should order for your library. Please note that there will be a $1.00 per item charge assessed by TLN in order to partially offset the cost of this project. Any shipping charges will be distributed among the ordering libraries. Books/dvd's will be shipped to your library via TLN or RIDES delivery, as appropriate. For RIDES, invoices will be sent with your shipment. TLN libraries will be billed in the customary beginning of the month fashion. Finally, please include your library's RIDES code in your reply to me:

1. BRAND NEW UTR BOOK: Under the Radar Michigan: The Next 50. These guys need no introduction http://utrmichigan.com/ Pub date March 6, 2018. List price $24.95. TLN price $16.00. This is so new that it isn't even shown on the UTR store site yet! But, TLN has the connections...
2. THE ORIGINAL UTR BOOK: Under the Michigan: The First 50. Pub date November 4, 2014. List price $24.95. TLN price $16.00
3. UTR DVD Season One: List price $30.00. TLN price $20.00
4. UTR DVD Season Two: List price $30.00. TLN price $20.00
5. UTR DVD Season Three: List price $40.00. TLN price $30.00 (Note: there are 23 episodes included on this dvd, as opposed to the standard 13 episodes; hence, the higher price)
6. UTR DVD Season Four: List price $30.00. TLN price $20.00
7. UTR DVD Season Five: List price $30.00. TLN price $20.00
8. UTR DVD Season Six: List price $30.00. TLN price $20.00
9. UTR DVD Season Seven: List price $30.00. TLN price $20.00 Again, this is so new that it doesn't appear on the UTR store site!

Another MAP publishing partner is Benson's Adventures http://bensonsadventures.com/ The two public school teachers in this venture, Tracy and Shannon, do a lot of work to promote MAP in schools not only where they teach, but all over Michigan. Here are their two youth oriented titles:

10. Benson's Adventures in Michigan: Book 1. List price $22.95. TLN price $13.00
11. Benson's Seasonal Adventures in Michigan: Book 2 (June, 2017 release) List price $22.95. TLN price $13.00

Here are a few "would it be possible for TLN to coordinate a bulk order for this" requests I've received from libraries around the state. I don't know whether we will get discounts for these. Given the nature of the publications, I doubt it. If we can, we will. Both are expensive. Two are blue, one is green. Personally I prefer blue. Given the way the blue part of the equation has gone this year, though I don't know how much enthusiasm or rise either of those will generate. If you order both 13 and 14 you will get the bundled price:

12. Victory for MSU: A 120-year History of Spartan Men's Basketball http://www.dbusiness.com/daily-news/Annual-2017/Book-on-Michigan-State-Universitys-Basketball-Program-Debuts-Forward-by-Greg-Kelser/ List price $59.99.
13. Rise Again: Jim Harbaugh (brand new) https://enthusiasmunknowntomankind.com/#quick-shop List price $75.00
14. Enthusiasm Unknown to Mankind: Jim Harbaugh https://enthusiasmunknowntomankind.com/#quick-shop List price $75.00
15. 4 Detroit: Four Chefs, Four Courses, Four Seasons http://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/dining/mark-kurlyandchik/2017/11/07/four-detroit-cookbook-recipes-new-restaurants-takoi-gold-cash-gold-selden-standard-supino/831142001/ and https://noramodern.com/products/4detroit
List price $46.00. I like the fact that $5.00 from the sale of every book goes to Gleaners Community Food Bank.

Let's support our MAP partner publishers, and bring lots of enjoyment to your patrons, by sending your orders for these (mostly) discounted books and dvd's to me by no later than close of TLN business on Friday, December 8.

Thanks!

Jim

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager