[Michlib-l] District Library Formation -- Consultants

Membiela, Clare (MDE) MembielaC at michigan.gov
Tue May 30 13:48:24 EDT 2017

Hello Stephanie:

Kathy Webb (the State Aid & Penal Fine Coordinator) and myself (Library Law Consultant) would be delighted to meet with you about this topic. Kathy and I can explain the pros and cons of establishing as a District Library as well as provide an overview of the process itself.  We are well-versed in the process and we work with District Libraries often on many issues. Additionally, we would be happy to provide information to other libraries or municipalities which are also considering being part of a District.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if we can be of assistance.  Just let us know what day(s) might be convenient. We can come to your library, or you are welcome to visit us.

In the meantime, here is some information that may be of use to you
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mde/LM_Michigan_District_Library_Law_329703_7.pdf

Thanks!
Clare

Clare D. Membiela, MLS, J.D.
Library of Michigan
MembielaC at michigan.gov<mailto:MembielaC at michigan.gov>
517-335-8132

The research and resources above are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem.

Did you know most Michigan educator certificates expire June 30th of any given year?  Educators can check expiration dates and renew or progress certificates using the Michigan Online Educator Certification System at www.michigan.gov/moecs<http://www.michigan.gov/moecs>.  Not your year for renewal?  Use MOECS to manage professional learning for future renewals, view effectiveness ratings and update personal information!