[Michlib-l] JDL Job Posting: Librarian I Youth Services

Breed, Elizabeth breede at myjdl.com
Thu May 18 18:16:39 EDT 2017

Greetings!

Jackson District Library is seeking applications for our Librarian I: Youth Services position at our Meijer Branch. The full details of the posting are pasted in below. To apply for this position, please visit our website<https://myjdl.applicantpro.com/jobs/577098.html>. Posting deadline is Sunday May 28.

Have a great day!
Liz

Liz Breed
Assistant Director for Public Services
Jackson District Library
244 W. Michigan Ave., Jackson, MI  49201
O: 517-788-4099 ext 1309
C: 586-567-2631
breede at myjdl.com<mailto:breede at myjdl.com>

May 18, 2017
17-033
LIBRARIAN I  Youth Services
Meijer Branch
Hours: 40 hours/week
Salary: 18.88/hr
Reports to: Branch Manager
Position Open: June 5, 2017
Apply by: May 28, 2017

JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Jackson District Library is seeking a talented youth librarian to work at the Meijer Branch. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic individual who is outgoing, enthusiastic, energetic and has a passion for services and programming for youth of all ages. This candidate will also be an engaging individual who brings innovative ideas, takes initiative, and seeks to expand collaborations and partnerships throughout our community.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIES: (Include but are not limited to)
Youth services programming for families, children and teens
Planning, coordinating and promoting library events
Collaborating outreach efforts and innovative partnerships with schools and various youth-oriented organizations
Selection and ordering youth material
Maintaining the youth services collections at the Meijer location
Working with the Youth Services staff to maintain a high quality of customer service

QUALIFICATIONS:

  *   Master's Degree in Library/Information Science or equivalent from an ALA accredited University
  *   Candidates should be proficient with technology
  *   Candidates should be knowledgeable about social media
  *   Ability to meet and work with the public in a pleasant, enthusiastic manner
  *   Ability to lift, push, and pull 15 pounds or more as designated
  *   Ability to establish and maintain a good working relationship with fellow employees as well as with the public
  *   Willingness to work day, evening, Saturday and Sunday work schedules

EOE
Applicants should apply at https://myjdl.applicantpro.com/jobs/

[JDL Logo CMYK for print 300dpi small]