[Michlib-l] Neutral Zone training for Youth Advisory

Lancaster, Catherine (MDE) LancasterC5 at michigan.gov
Wed May 10 15:22:45 EDT 2017

FROM: John Weiss,  Director of Strategic Initiatives

Neutral Zone | Where Teens Lead, Create and Innovate

310 E. Washington | Ann Arbor, MI 48104 | 734.214.9995 ext. 222<tel:%28734%29%20214-9995> | www.neutral-zone.org<http://www.neutral-zone.org/>
Join Neutral Zone on August 23-24 for two full days of strategies, practices and ideas for how to start and support an effective youth advisory in your program or school. We design our workshops to be active, engaging and focused on practical strategies and practices that can be directly applied in youth serving programs. As a result of the training participants will:

*              Identify meaningful roles youth can play in programs

*              Learn the components and stages of Neutral Zone's Teen Advisory Council

*              Examine participatory research processes as a way to engage youth

*              Learn and use planning strategies that can be applied to involving students in project

*              Understand the components of youth-adult partnerships (YAP) and how to support YAP

*              Practice strategies, including scaffolding and divergent questioning to effectively support youth-driven initiatives

For more information or to register, go directly to registration/info page<https://goo.gl/tbFZ53> as well:  https://goo.gl/tbFZ53

Cathy Lancaster

Youth Services Coordinator
Statewide Library Services