[Michlib-l] WORKSHOP: Fund-raising to Friend-raising - May 19

MHM Editor mhmeditor at hsmichigan.org
Wed May 10 08:00:56 EDT 2017

Upcoming Workshop . Friday, May 19

Fund-raising to Friend-raising

by Chong-Anna Canfora, Historical Society of Michigan

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Learn more and register on
our website.

Fundraising is one of the most important aspects to maintaining a successful
historical organization and continuing to make history accessible to the
general public, but many are unsure of how to approach companies,
organizations, or individuals for donations. In this workshop, the speaker
will discuss the fundamentals of raising money for organizations, explore
new techniques being used today, and explain how attendees can maximize
fundraising results.

New for 2017! Participants can now "attend" remotely, if they prefer. See
our website for full details.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Learn more and register on
our website.

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan is our state's oldest cultural
organization, founded in 1828 by territorial governor Lewis Cass and
explorer Henry Schoolcraft. A nongovernmental nonprofit, the Society focuses
on publications, conferences, education, awards and recognition programming,
and support for local history organizations to preserve and promote
Michigan's rich history.

  _____

For more information on the Historical Society of Michigan, please visit
<http://www.hsmichigan.org/> www.hsmichigan.org or e-mail us at
<mailto:hsm at hsmichigan.org> hsm at hsmichigan.org.

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan

5815 Executive Dr. . Lansing, MI 48911

Phone: (517) 324-1828 . FAX: (517) 324-4370

Future History Skills Workshops

Friday, June 2

Fading Photos: How to Identify, Scan, Restore, and Archive Historical
Photographs

Friday, June 16

Developing Junior Historians

Friday, July 21

Taming the Chaos and Clutter: Collection Management for Small Museums

New for 2017! Participants can now "attend" remotely, if they prefer. See
our website for full details.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Visit our website for full
descriptions of each workshop.

This e-mail is sent to our members and friends to keep you updated on
historical activities and opportunities to learn more about our state's
history. To opt-out, please respond to this e-mail with "remove" in the
subject line.