[Michlib-l] Clarification about AA meetings

Helena Hayes director at gcmdl.org
Tue May 9 10:21:12 EDT 2017

Before I start getting hate mail, let me clarify my question about AA
meetings, and apologize for its ambiguity...

 I am NOT concerned about them (recovering alcoholics) using our room. My
question stemmed from privacy concerns for them - if we post that we host
AA meetings "at this time, on this day," and your vehicle is parked in the
our lot, anyone driving by knows why you're here (the requested meeting
time is after our normal hours). My only other concern was the
"public-ness" of the meetings. Any meeting held in the library needs to be
open to the public... do AA meetings qualify?

 Thank you to the couple folks who have already replied.

  Helena Hayes, MLIS, Director
 Galesburg-Charleston Memorial District Library
 188 E. Michigan Ave.
 Galesburg, MI 49053

 Phone:    269-665-7839
 Fax:        269-665-7788