[Michlib-l] MiALA Call For Nominations Reminder

Heather Ladiski ladiskih at mcls.org
Fri May 5 11:45:59 EDT 2017

Good morning! This message is forwarded on behalf of the Michigan Academic Library Association nominations/elections committee. Excuse posting on multiple lists. Feel free to forward this information to anyone/group that may be interested in this information. Please send any questions to the nominations/elections committee at the contact information below.

It's not too late to submit your nomination to serve as a leader of MiALA for 2017-2018. Nominations are being accepted until May 22, 2017.

Leadership takes many forms within MiALA and this year, we are looking for nominations to Board positions, Section leadership positions, and Committee leadership positions. You probably know several colleagues who could do an excellent job of filling them - and don't be shy, we accept self-nominations too!  If you are new to academic librarianship in Michigan, it's okay.  We'd love to have you, and your fresh voice.

Open positions include

* Vice President/President-Elect,   Secretary,   Publicly Funded University Rep,   Private College Rep,   Community College Rep

* Administration section chair-elect,   AD section secretary,   AD section member-at-large (x2)

* Collections section chair-elect,   CL section secretary,   CL section member-at-large (x2)

* User Experience section chair-elect,   UX section secretary,  UX section member-at-large (x2)

* Advocacy Committee Chair,   Communications & Marketing Committee Chair,   Membership Committee Chair

If you are interested in running, or in nominating a colleague, please find the appropriate form on the Elections website (http://miala.org/election_central.php).

If you have any questions, please contact a member of Nominations/Elections committee (Rachel Minkin - minkinr at mail.lib.msu.edu<mailto:minkinr at mail.lib.msu.edu>, Suzanne Bernsten - bernss at lcc.edu<mailto:bernss at lcc.edu>, Angie Kelleher - kelleher at alma.edu<mailto:kelleher at alma.edu>).

Heather M. Ladiski, CAP-OM
Executive Assistant
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services
1407 Rensen Street, Suite 1
Lansing, MI 48910-3657
800-530-9019 x133
Fax: 517-492-3885