[Michlib-l] Ambassador Books

Les Cheneaux Community Library lcclib at uproc.lib.mi.us
Tue Mar 28 12:31:13 EDT 2017

I had a similar experience.  The local school had been supporting this and
then stopped because of lack of use of the books and the misleading of the
local businesses.  We took it on because of the sales ability of the man,(
Steve Bujaki), and he told me that the businesses were behind it.  After
talking to some of the business owners, I found out he was telling them that
the library was in favor of the program.  Four years ago I told the salesman
that I didn't want to continue the program and to please stop.  He said that
he had already been sponsored by the local businesses and that the books
were good for two years.  I told him we would distribute the books for the
next two years but we weren't going to continue after that.  I let the
businesses know that it felt shady to me and that we were not going to
renew. He came back in the fall of 2015 and solicited other businesses and
didn't come and speak to me.  A box of books was delivered to us a few
months later, and I refused the shipment.  I called the company and had a
conversation with David Moore, vice-president.  Ambassador did not authorize
this type of salesmanship and were very happy that I had notified them. ( At
least that was the story that I was given.)  I let them know that I was very
unhappy that our local businesses had been misled and it needed to be
addressed.  The gentleman I spoke to said he would make sure the businesses
were notified and compensated.  I haven't had any contact since, and haven't
heard of the man being in the area again.

Hope this helps in some small way.

Jane French

Les Cheneaux Community Library - zv366

an affiliate of Superior District Library

P.O. Box 99

75 Hodeck St.

Cedarville, MI  49745

Phone/Fax: 906-484-3547