[Michlib-l] ABCmouse is free for all public libraries

Yvonne Brown ybrown at lib.lapeer.org
Tue Mar 28 11:53:14 EDT 2017

Hello. At Lapeer District Library, our patrons have been using ABCmouse on our public computers, and it is very popular (and fun!). The folks at ABCmouse asked me to pass along the info, in case other libraries are interested. This is free for in-library use, and very easy to set up. Below are the details:

ABCmouse.com has won numerous awards and features 5,000+ learning activities, including online books, interactive learning activities, games, puzzles, songs, art activities, and more. ABCmouse.com is also completely child-safe, with no advertising or links to other websites.

Here are some of the reasons why ABCmouse.com is so popular:

Completely FREE for all public libraries – currently in use at over 6,000 public library locations!

Comprehensive early learning: ABCmouse.com offers the most comprehensive online curriculum for children ages 2 – 7+, including reading and language arts, math, beginning science, social studies, art and music.

Easy setup: Librarians can set up their free account in just a few easy steps, and once it’s set up, children will be able to easily access the site from any library computer

Compatible with iPads and Android tablets : Just download the free ABCmouse.com app onto each tablet

Children love it: Every activity on ABCmouse.com, whether a game, a song, a book, a puzzle, or an art activity, has been designed to be both fun and educational!

Child safe: Librarians can feel confident and secure knowing that children will never encounter advertising or links to other websites.

You can find out more about ABCmouse.com and sign up for your FREE Library Account here (to evaluate or go live): www.abcmouse.com/libraries

ABCmouse for Libraries is a philanthropic initiative of Age of Learning, Inc. Here’s an overview of their Education Access Initiatives (scroll down to the “Access for All” button): www.ageoflearning.com

Yvonne Brown
Lapeer District Library
www.library.lapeer.org