[Michlib-l] Free online courses on current events coming from U-M!

Kristin Fontichiaro font at umich.edu
Thu Mar 23 12:58:02 EDT 2017

*This message is posted on behalf of the University of Michigan Office of
Academic Innovation:*

Many of you have patrons who are worried about current events like fake
news and what's next for the Affordable Care Act. We're proud to announce a
series of free online courses where you can engage your patrons around
issues that matter to them. We provide the content, you provide the space
for patrons to come together to learn and converse!

You can learn more at this flyer
<https://drive.google.com/a/umich.edu/file/d/0B9E7Ql3cZpWzZTFBUDY2VFdDbjQ/view?usp=sharing>.
We are particularly interested in seeing how libraries can engage groups of
participants instead of having individuals participating on their own.

=============AND THERE'S MORE! ===============================

In addition to this event, here are some other things coming up that may be
of interest from around our campus:

   - A *very special librarian-focused announcement is coming* in a few
   weeks from the Academic Innovation group -- stay tuned!

   - Registration is open for the *4T Virtual Conference
   <http://4tvirtualcon.com>* on educational technology integration, May 20
   - 22. Free registration, free SCECH.

   - In a few weeks, we'll announce *this summer's statewide free PD on
   maker stuff*, including workshops on fashion hacking, selling products
   online, sharing maker ideas, design challenges, and more. Stay tuned!
   Attendance and SCECH are free.

   - Save the date! the *4T Data Literacy conference
   <http://datalit.sites.uofmhosting.net/conference/>* is coming July 20 -
   21. Registration opens soon! Free attendance; free SCECH.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you are interested in any of
these, and Ill happily point you in the right direction.

Thanks!
Kristin Fontichiaro

--
Kristin Fontichiaro