[Michlib-l] Special Needs Services Roundtable (SNSR) spring meeting

Jen Taggart taggartj at btpl.org
Tue Mar 7 09:47:16 EST 2017

Please join us for our Special Needs Services Roundtable (SNSR) meeting next month. If you have not attended a SNSR meeting before and you would like to discuss library services for patrons of all ages with special needs in an informal setting, consider adding this spring meeting to your calendar! Library science students are welcome too!
*         Share programming and collection ideas
*         Updates on resources and assistive technology, including Apps
*         Discuss accessibility and inclusion in the library
        Our afternoon presentations include staff from the Wing Lake Developmental Center talking about using multi-sensory tools and activities to engage youth, teens, and adults with multiple disabilities, that can be applied to story times and other programming. Lori Morris from the Orion Twp Public Library will also be talking about their Library Volunteer Program for people with special needs. For more info, see attached agenda.

Meeting: Thursday, April 13
Time: 12 - 3 p.m. (You can purchase an optional pizza/salad lunch from Buddy's Pizza, or you may bring a lunch with you.)
Place: Bloomfield Township Public Library, 1099 Lone Pine Road, Bloomfield Township, MI 48302
RSVP:   Jen Taggart  taggartj at btpl.org<mailto:taggartj at btpl.org> or (248) 642-5800 by March 27.

Jen Taggart
Assistant Department Head, Youth Services
Bloomfield Township Public Library
1099 Lone Pine Road
Bloomfield Township, MI 48302
(248)642-5800