[Michlib-l] Job Posting: Digital Education Librarian/University of Michigan Ann Arbor
Jo Angela Oehrli
jooehrli at umich.edu
Tue Jun 27 19:04:21 EDT 2017
The University of Michigan Library has a wonderful opportunity for a
Digital Education Librarian.
The Learning Programs and Initiatives team seeks an experienced
learner-centered Digital Education Librarian who understands the changing
environment of technology, higher education, and information literacy
instruction in academic libraries. The Digital Education Librarian will
apply learning theories, design principles, and technology to create and
maintain general and course-specific learning objects, modules and other
library instruction materials for various courses and sessions.
The Library is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce
and encourages all employees to fully incorporate their diverse
backgrounds, skills, and life experiences into their work.
The successful candidate will assume these primary responsibilities:
* Create a repository of tutorials, exercises and assessments that are
accessible through course management and library systems in support of a
comprehensive online learning plan.
* Collaborate with library instructors, campus partners, library
information technology staff, and coordinate efforts among library
* Design instruction sessions and modules using standard information
literacy competencies and the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy.
* Participate in the assessment of instruction practices and assess efforts
around online learning, including leveraging learning analytics data to
improve student learning.
* Join colleagues in teaching in-person classes.
* ALA-accredited master's degree or equivalent combination of a relevant
advanced degree and experience.
* Demonstrated experience with the theory and application of instructional
* Strong collaboration and project management skills.
* Ability to excel in a dynamic, collaborative, team-based environment.
* Understands and values diversity and the importance of inclusion as
demonstrated through a commitment to apply and incorporate the differences,
complexities, and opportunities that diversity brings to an organization.
For more information, please visit http://careers.umich.
Jo Angela Oehrli
Children's Literature Librarian
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1185
Data Literacy for High School Librarians Project
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Michlib-l