[Michlib-l] ARCs

Membiela, Clare (MDE) MembielaC at michigan.gov
Tue Jun 27 12:59:21 EDT 2017

Hello:

I would closely read any copyright or disclaimers that appear on the books themselves – different publishers may have different requirements on how ARCs can be used.

I also located a couple of other sources that discuss ARCs.

Here is an interesting Blog entry on the topic:
http://yalsa.ala.org/blog/2009/09/01/but-can-i-catalog-it/

Here is how one library deals with them (that appears to be completely within the scope of  an ARC’s purpose):
http://blogs.stlukesct.org/slslibrary/2017/01/30/advanced-readers-copies-ready-in-the-library/

Thanks!
Clare

Clare D. Membiela, MLS, J.D.
Library of Michigan
MembielaC at michigan.gov<mailto:MembielaC at michigan.gov>
517-335-8132

The research and resources above are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem.

Did you know most Michigan educator certificates expire June 30th of any given year?  Educators can check expiration dates and renew or progress certificates using the Michigan Online Educator Certification System at www.michigan.gov/moecs<http://www.michigan.gov/moecs>.  Not your year for renewal?  Use MOECS to manage professional learning for future renewals, view effectiveness ratings and update personal information!