[Michlib-l] Job Posting / Librarian IV (Public Services Coordinator) / Grand Rapids Public Library / Grand Rapids MI

Jason Hendrix jhendrix at grpl.org
Fri Jun 23 11:08:54 EDT 2017

Grand Rapids Public Library believes in the power of knowledge to
transform both individuals and communities for the better. A nationally
recognized and innovative leader in library service, GRPL is currently
welcoming applications for a full-time Public Services Coordinator
(Librarian IV). We are looking for someone to join our team who can help
us serve the community through her/his leadership, creativity, and
passion for connecting people to the transforming power of knowledge.

Here’s what you’ll need to be:

  * Passionate about and experienced in urban library services and
    capable of building community through outreach and collaboration
    with partner organizations
  * A visionary leader, skilled manager, and gifted mentor
  * Engaged in developments in the professional community and skilled in
    emerging technologies
  * A whiz at customer service, and capable of imparting his/her
    enthusiasm and skill in public service to departmental staff
  * An individual who takes responsibility for his/her own life-long
    learning
  * A contributor of relevant ideas and creative solutions as they
    relate to our collections, programming, patrons, and community
  * A problem-solver with a high level of emotional intelligence capable
    of honest self reflection

Pay starts at $66,076 per year with opportunities for increases
beginning at six months. This is a full-time position and offers paid
vacation, holiday, and sick time as well as a health care plan and
retirement benefits.

Please visit the job posting for more information and to apply:

https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/grandrapids/jobs/1761063/librarian-iv-public-services-coordinator