[Michlib-l] MeL Minute: DemographicsNow Update

Biggs, Deb Renee (MDE) BiggsD at michigan.gov
Thu Jun 15 12:40:15 EDT 2017

Hello Everyone!

MeL.org has had a responsive interface since our last redesign in 2014. You may know that concept by the phrase "device agnostic." It means that the website will neatly reconfigure itself for a desktop, a laptop, a tablet, phablet or phone - indeed any device that can display a webpage.

We're still working to bring all of the components of MeL.org into full compliance and we would like to announce that  one additional important database is now responsive - DemographicsNow<http://www.galesupport.com/migeoipcheck/migeoipcheck-gale.php?database=DNOW>.  And we'll let you in on a secret! DemographicsNow is fun.

Check out the mosaic population comparisons for your city, state or zip code to get a glimpse into the personality of your region. You can find these labeled under Demographics. Run a Summary report type with a report named Mosaic Household Summary Chart Report for your area. Are you awash in "Blue Sky Boomers" or what about singles with "Urban Ambition?" Learn about common lifestyle characteristics such as what people like to do with their free time, how they spend disposable income, and how they invest themselves in their communities. DemographicsNow is also great for people looking to set up organizations or interest groups or just learn more about what makes their neighborhoods tick.

DemographicsNow provides researchers and entrepreneurs with comprehensive business and demographic information valuable to assess business viability, create sales leads and marketing mailing lists, complete location analyses and business plans, analyze population trends, find potential sponsors and donors and much more. This versatile database is useful for those who want to start a business as well as those who want to take their established business to the next level. See here for the link to the DemoNow tutorial center<http://library.demographicsnow.com/?skey=1538DCECB80F42ADBFF43A3D18262F1A>.

MeL databases are available to Michigan residents or Michigan library access only.

MeL Minutes are brought to you by the Library of Michigan.  Want more information on MeL?  Stay tuned for the next MeL Minute available on many Michigan library listservs, email us at contact at mel.org<mailto:contact at mel.org>,  visit http://mel.org<http://mel.org/>, or Sign up for the MeL Minute and other Library of Michigan e-mail lists via GovDelivery<https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/MILOM/subscriber/new>. We encourage you to share MeL Minutes with your colleagues and networks.

Warm regards,
Deb and Sonya

Deb Renee Biggs and Sonya Schryer Norris
Library Consultants
MeL Team
Library of Michigan/MDE
http://mel.org    http://facebook.com/mel.org