[Michlib-l] Job Opportunity - Interlochen Center for the Arts - Music Librarian
employment at interlochen.org
Mon Jun 5 16:14:08 EDT 2017
Interlochen Center for the Arts is looking to hire a full time Music
The Fennell Music Library serves the music program (with dozens of large
and small ensembles needs as well as solo repertoire) of two world-renowned
programs, Interlochen Arts Camp and Interlochen Arts Academy, and includes
extensive collections in band, orchestral, choral, chamber music, jazz,
scores, and recordings. This position makes it possible for students,
faculty, and staff to access the needed materials for their curriculum in a
timely and efficient manner.
“Without a proper catalog, a library is nothing more than a building full
of books with no map to guide the user to the resources.”Robert L. Bothmann
The library staff
- builds meaningful relationships with faculty, staff and students.
- assists patrons in finding information.
- provides a collection that reflects and anticipates patron’s needs.
- creates a welcoming atmosphere.
This position works closely with the Music Library Head and other library
staff members in order to provide these services to the ICA community.
- Oversee all aspects of cataloging including original and copy,
classification in specialized formats, and authority control
- Take the lead role in knowledge of and implementing of cataloging
- Assist in management of Evergreen ILS and EBSCO Discovery Service
- Coordinate score-binding
- Manage billing
- Provide a high level of reference and customer service to students,
faculty and staff
- Collaborate with other library staff on the selection of materials in
- Assist with preparation of ensemble materials
- Aid in use and implementation of emergent technologies
- Work with library staff on special projects dealing with outreach,
programming, and initiatives
- Participate in school wide committee work when applicable
- Knowledgeable in both the current and future trends and practices in
- Evening and some weekend hours required within work schedule
- ALA-accredited MLS
- Strong music background
- Working knowledge of AACR2, OCLC Connexion, MARC, RDA (familiarity)
- Experience with music databases and music notation software
- Experience with LibGuides a plus
- Experience working with binding materials a plus
- High comfort level with integrated library systems and library
- Ability to work standing for extended periods of time
- Lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to operate various in-house binding equipment – requiring
range of motion and physical strength
Interlochen Center for the Arts
E: employment at interlochen.org
W: interlochen.org <http://www.interlochen.org/>
Interlochen Arts Camp | Arts Academy | College of Creative Arts | Presents
| Public Radio
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Michlib-l