[Michlib-l] About that job posting

Eric Magness-Eubank emeacl at alpenalibrary.org
Mon Jun 5 15:19:25 EDT 2017

I once had someone pick up and fill out an application while wearing a bathing suit.  I never saw the person, but between the time the person asked for the application and it reached my desk, I had heard from at least 4 separate staff members about her.  I also once asked a person applying for a treasurer’s position “Is there any reason you wouldn’t pass a criminal background check?”  The response: “I’ve never even set foot in a jail, well except to visit my friends.”  And, I once had someone answer on the application form “Why did you leave previous position?” with “too close to boss”  I wasn’t sure what that meant, but I was sure that I wasn’t going to give an interview to find out!

Ah well,

Eric

Eric Magness-Eubank
Library Director
Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public Library
emeacl at alpenalibrary.org
989.356.6188 ex 11