[Michlib-l] Health insurance for retirees

Margaret Bentley margaret.bentley at sdl.lib.mi.us
Wed Jul 26 13:02:09 EDT 2017

We do not provide health insurance for retirees; it usually ends as of
their last day of employment.  However, we have someone planning on
retiring next year, and she has asked that her health coverage be continued
until the end of the month in which she retires.  Before asking the library
board for an exception to the policy, we would like to know what other
libraries do.  Please respond off list; I'll be happy to compile the

Margaret Bentley
Adult Services Librarian
Shiawassee District Library--Owosso
502 W. Main Street