[Michlib-l] Due to promotion, a 20-hour Youth Services Librarian opening at Hartland's Cromaine Library

Ceci Marlow cmarlow at cromaine.org
Wed Jul 19 16:36:15 EDT 2017

*/Cromaine Is the Cultural Center of Hartland…and our community
appreciates that/*

With construction nearly complete for a 3800 square foot addition, we
finally have spaces for our staff to continue to create new and innovate
traditional library services and collections. As the Cultural Center of
Hartland, Hartland’s Cromaine is expected by its community to offer
music and art, as well as all of the science, engineering and technology
engagement possible for all ages. *Due to a promotion, we have a 20-hour
Youth Services Librarian position *available with principal
responsibilities with a focus on babies for story time and outreach
programming, school visits, and collection development for sections of
fiction, nonfiction, and/or media for youth. All of our Librarians are
cross-trained for Adult, Youth, Teen, and Circulation. You may not run
an adult regular book club, but you’ll probably assist with desk
coverage in Adult, Teen, and at Circulation as well as some other
programming (Grandparenting tech-based communication skills?) This year
Hartland’s Cromaine celebrates its 90^th year of service with a big
splash September 29 and 30. *We are the place to connect—with warm and
friendly staff, the Web, and the community. If that’s your desire,
interest, and future vision, too, then we need you! *

Cromaine District Library is located near the intersection of M-59 and
US-23—easy to get to from Detroit, Lansing, Ann Arbor, and Flint.
Hartland’s Cromaine (built in 1927, expanded in 1980, and again this
year, 2017) has the elegant Community Room, a large physical collection
and large digital collection, plus two new smaller meeting rooms, a
Youth Program Room, and three new study rooms as a result of the little
addition to this building. *We also have a serious commitment to
outreach, participating in many events and exhibits beyond our walls* as
well as finding new ways to be active outside this building in a busy
community.

Cromaine wins grants, including several National Endowment for the Arts’
The Big Read. Grants for technology in Youth, local business
sponsorships for an expanded summer concert series, exhibits from the
Smithsonian and to be a pilot for a national grant program—we are a
place to connect to culture, music, technology, makers, as well as
reading in every format. *Many of the grants support a very full event
calendar* (check It out at WWW.CROMAINE.ORG).We are an OverDrive (TLN’s
Download Destination) plus Advantage, hoopla, and Zinio library. We
welcome new technologies and ways to improve collections and services,
taking seriously every patron request.

We pay MLS librarians $19.00 per hour to start, 20 hours per week;
includes some evenings and weekends. MLA membership and national
conference attendance (in rotation) paid. After successful completion of
the 90-day introductory period, an increase to $19.50 is planned.
Part-time positions at Cromaine have prorated paid time off, plus
holiday pay, paid birthday, and paid bereavement leave as well as an
opportunity to participate in AFLAC, but no other paid benefits.

Share your love for new technologies and public service with a community
that loves its library and its library staff even more. Send your
application (available at WWW.CROMAINE.ORG), resume and a cover letter
to “Librarian” at Cromaine or e-mail (preferred to be “green”) to
brentola at cromaine.org <mailto:brentola at cromaine.org> by August 4,
2017—position applications accepted until filled.

--
Cecilia Ann Marlow
Library Director