[Michlib-l] Keeping mice/keyboards

Mutch, Andrew AMutch at waterfordmi.gov
Wed Jul 19 16:22:21 EDT 2017

Ray,

I normally keep a handful of both on hand. I know budgets are often tight but new mice and keyboards are cheap and I can order replacements from CDWG and often have them the next day. The “extras” are usually only pressed into service for a short-term need and since they’ve been through a normal cycle of wear and tear, no one really wants to be stuck with them long-term. Although you wouldn’t know it from the current state of my office and server room, I’ve been purging most of the extra hardware sitting around because it’s rarely, if ever, needed. I think a lot of techies have a “just in case” mentality about equipment but if you actually tracked what you used, most would find that they don’t need most of what they keep.

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Administrator
Waterford Township Public Library